Northshore Counseling and Wellness offers Individual, Family, and Group psychotherapy. Both individual/family and group formats have been extensively researched in order to determine their effectiveness, and both formats have been found to be extremely effective in helping people address problem areas in their lives.
We will carefully match you with the clinician in the office who is the best fit for your needs. We will also:
- help you set goals for your treatment,
- tailor treatment specifically to meet your needs,
- work in a collaborative fashion to ensure you are receiving the highest quality of care possible,
- track your progress on a regular basis.
Most clients come here for individual therapy. Benefits of this process include:
- More intensive focus on your specific needs,
- Ability to delve as deeply as you and the therapist see fit,
- More appropriate for some issues,
- More time devoted to you,
- Ability to have safe place to discuss things that are very sensitive, and having your confidentiality protected.
We offer several groups at NCW. Group therapy offers unique benefits, such as:
- A supportive atmosphere of other dealing with similar concerns,
- A powerful treatment intervention,
- Lower rates per session,
- Opportunities to work on issues that may not arise in the individual therapy setting.
The choice between the individual and group formats is determined by several factors, including:
- Personal preference: Some clients don’t feel comfortable working within the group setting;
- Cost: Group therapy can sometimes be more cost-effective than individual counseling. At NCW, we don’t accept insurance for group therapy, but we do offer lower rates for group therapy than for individual sessions;
- Type of intervention desired: Group therapy is unique in that there is a very powerful change factor in the supportive atmosphere of a therapy group that works based on the fact that there are several people present in the group setting. Other clients prefer the more individualized and focused nature of the individual therapy session; and,
- Appropriateness of issues for each setting: There are some issues that can be more effectively worked with in the individual setting (such as some personality issues) and others that benefit more from group therapy (such as interpersonal skill development). Of course, many issues can benefit from both settings.
There are benefits specific to each type of therapy setting. If you are interested in group therapy, let us know about your interest, and we will assess if group therapy is the appropriate intervention for you. If you are not sure which format is the best fit for you, let us know that as well, and we will speak with you about your current situation and your goals for therapy, and we will make the best recommendation possible for you.
There are many reasons family therapy is the treatment approach of choice. Some examples include:
- A specific problem or concern that involves more than just one individual, and affects the whole family,
- When dynamics within families create issues for several members of the family,
- Some issues are better resolved with the support and involvement of family members.
In some cases, individuals in your family might work with separate therapists here, and those clinicians then coordinate their care to work towards mutually agreed-upon family goals. This would eventually involve sessions where family members and all clinicians involved are present to solidify steps towards meeting your goals.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Addiction Counseling Metairie
- Anger Management
- Ask Dr Andre
- Couples Therapy
- Depression Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Marriage Counseling Metairie, La
- Mid-Life Crisis Metairie
- Religious Counseling
- Self Esteem
- Therapy FAQs
- Therapy in Metairie
- Therapy in New Orleans